Going Solar is Easy!
Real Goods Solar makes going solar simple and seamless. Enjoy the benefits of our decades of experience in expert design, installation, grid connection, rebate paperwork and more, and know that our exceptional customer service will always be there for you.
Getting Started Going Solar
1. Evaluate Your Home
Confirm going solar is right for you by reviewing the following:
- Do you own your home?
- Do you have roof space – with little or no shading – facing south, east or west?
- Do you pay $45 or more a month for electricity ($100 or more in California)?
If you answered YES to all three then you can say YES to solar – keep going!
2. Get a Free Solar Consultation
Now that you’ve done the initial evaluation, one of our solar experts will provide a free in-depth solar consultation. After this quick analysis, we can advise you whether solar is a wise investment for your home.
3. Select Your Payment Option
We don’t just design solar energy systems, we design flexible payment plans to fit just about any budget. Would you like to buy your system outright or continue to pay monthly for the power you use?
- Purchasing and owning your solar power system locks in low rates (and free energy after the system has paid for itself), and puts rebate money in your pocket sooner.
- Financing through our PowerSavings Plan offers little to no down payment, locked-in rates and complete care of the system and all components.
4. System Installation
Real Goods Solar will manage every aspect of installation – beginning with permits and paperwork all the way to switching it on – and guarantee the installation goes as planned. Our certified installers will get the job done safely and professionally so you can enjoy the seamless transition to clean, renewable energy produced on demand at your home.
5. Turn On Your System and Start Producing
Once installation is complete, we’ll activate your system and set you up with web-based monitoring. This service helps us ensure everything is performing as expected, and it’s a convenient and powerful way for you to keep track of your electrical production and use – and frankly, it’s kinda fun to watch!